Branch of an employee is assigned via
Forget to assign the correct Leave Workflow to the employee.
An employee's Leave Workflow is assigned via
Reviewers have not yet signed up for their Employee Web Accounts.
Employee assigned to Custom Approver role has been deleted.
If there is any error in the workflow for the applicant, then HR.my Administrator will receive a notification whenever this applicant applies for leaves, with detailed instructions on how to remedy the situation.
Email Notification not Received. In case you have verified your leave workflow setup properly and are sure that it should work, yet the reviewers or the applicants are not receiving email notifications for leave applications, then you should check:
Reviewing Leave Application with Employee Roles
- Is HR.my Administrator receiving any email? Regardless of whether you set up the workflow correctly, HR.my Administrator MUST ALWAYS receive email notifications for each leave application. If the workflow is NOT set up correctly, the email will carry detailed instructions on how to fix the problem. If the workflow is set up correctly, then it will carry information about the leave application and reviewer information.
- If HR.my Administrator/ reviewer/ applicant does not receive any email notifications, then this is EXTREMELY LIKELY due to email server's spam/ junk mail filter. Some email servers may even bounce the email notifications without letting them to land in the junk mail folder. In either case, the ONLY SOLUTION is to ask your Email Administrator to whitelist emails from HR.my.
Administering Leave Application with HR Roles
Employee Roles. When you sign in your Employee Web Account to review any leave applications, you are reviewing with an Employee Role. Employee Roles include system roles such as Line Manager, Head of Department and Head of Branch as well as Custom Approvers.
- As a leave approving officer, if you reject a leave application, the leave application will be concluded as Rejected immediately, regardless of whether there are further stages in the entire workflow. However, if you approve current leave application, whether the leave application is concluded as Approved depends on how the workflow is set up:
- If there is no further workflow stage after current stage, then current leave application will be concluded as Approved.
- If there are additional workflow stage(s) after current approval, then current leave application is not concluded yet but it will be routed to the next approval level.
- A leave application is concluded as Approved only if it goes through the entire workflow without being rejected at any stage.
- Just like approving/ rejecting leave applications using HR Roles, as a leave approving officer, you may leave a Leave Approval Remark to explain why a leave is approved/ rejected.
- When a leave application appears in the Leave Planner/ Leave Schedule / Leave Review, the factors that determine if current leave application is removed from your view after you process it (by approving or rejecting it) are:
Let's say you are both the Line Manager of an employee and the Head of Department for the same employee. If the Leave Approval Workflow is set up so that 1st Approver is the Line Manager and 2nd Approver is the Head of Department, then you will need to approve the leave application 2 times (or reject it once) before it is removed from the Leave Planner/ Leave Schedule / Leave Review.
- Your Approver role and how the role is set up in Leave Approval Workflow
- Current workflow stage of the leave application
HR Roles. When you are managing via Employer account as HR.my Administrator, HR.my Manager or any Custom HR Role, you are approving/ rejecting leave applications with an HR Role.
Leave approvals by HR Roles will be logged as part of the workflow history too. Changing the leave application status will cause the pertinent change to be logged, including Escalating the leave application to the next workflow stage.
Besides approving/ rejecting leave applications, all HR Roles are empowered to Escalate, Cancel or Reset a leave application workflow. An HR Role is able to Escalate a pending leave application from current workflow stage to the next. Escalation happens for various possible use cases, such as leave approving officer is not available, unassigned, or takes too long to decide etc.
- Approved leave applications may also be Cancelled by HR Roles if the applicants would like to withdraw their leave applications.
- In addition, if for whatever reason you would like the leave application to go back to the beginning stage of leave approval workflow, you may Reset it to Pending Approval.
- Resetting leave status will also reset it's associated workflow stage back to the beginning stage. Resetting could be caused either by changing the leave approval status (from Approved or Rejected to Pending Approval), or by reducing current Leave Approval Workflow levels (which only affects leaves that are pending for final approval, but have already completed some initial workflow stages).